Lower sales of Tysabri predicted
It is expected that fewer patients will be taking Tysabri, used to treat multiple sclerosis, as two more patients have been diagnosed with a potentially fatal brain disease. Financial analysts predict that the drug will have only about 75,000 users by 2013, which is below Biogen Idec Inc.'s goal of 100,000.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'