Waterbury, CT, hospitals exploring merger
Waterbury (CT) Hospital and St. Mary's Hospital are negotiating a possible merger as they seek better financial strength and efficiency. The hospitals are working toward an agreement in principle for the merger, which would need the approval of the state Office of Health Care Access. Representatives of the hospitals say both would remain open, though there would be some consolidation of services.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers