$1.4 million donated to Louisville, KY, hospital
The WHAS Crusade for Children has given $1.4 million to Louisville, KY-based Kosair Children's Hospital to be applied toward the upgrade of a pediatric cardiac catheterization lab and an $18.4 million expansion and renovation of the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit. The Children's Hospital Foundation matched the funds to help the hospital move closer to its fund-raising goals, Kosair said in a news release. The gifts also allowed Kosair to purchase an operating room monitoring system and neurosurgical equipment.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013