Michigan hospitals face new competition
St. John Health’s new Novi, MI, hospital, opening this month, and a Henry Ford Health System facility to begin business by March in West Bloomfield, MI, raises the question of whether other hospitals will be hurt by the competition. Given stagnant population trends, the two new hospitals and their competitors may find it hard to make money, experts say.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US