Abington (PA) Memorial moves to acquire hospital
Abington (PA) Memorial Hospital has announced that it had taken a preliminary step toward acquiring Lansdale, PA-based Central Montgomery Medical Center. The hospital said it had signed an asset-purchase agreement with Universal Health Services Inc., a national chain of acute-care hospitals and other health facilities. Both parties declined to disclose the purchase price. After the acquisition, the 125-bed CMMC will continue as an acute-care hospital and will provide emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, and diagnostic services, according to a statement.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised