St. Louis-based BJC HealthCare opens up its books
St. Louis-based BJC HealthCare recently laid out its financial position and plans for the future in a recent bond filing. About one in three admissions to a St. Louis-area hospital go to one of BJC's nine area hospitals, and this market dominance hasn't changed much over the last 10 years, said Chief Executive Steve Lipstein. Maintaining that position requires constant investment in new technology and new facilities, a strong physician referral system, and a profitable mix of patients, he said.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised