Settlement requires defendant to pay CalPERS $30 million
William McGuire, former CEO of UnitedHealth Group Inc., will pay $30 million to the California Public Employees' Retirement System in the settlement of a class-action lawsuit. McGuire had been accused of illegally backdating his purchases of UnitedHealth stocks. In addition, the settlement prohibits him from purchasing another 3.675 million shares of the company's stock.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer