Florida-based Pediatrix Medical Group shares slide
Miami Herald, October 3, 2008
Shares of Florida-based healthcare services company Pediatrix Medical Group continued sliding on fallout from its move to cut third-quarter profit guidance because of lower reimbursements. Shares fell 4.4%, to $45.56 on October 2. Earlier in the week, Pediatrix said a shift in reimbursement for patient care from commercial payers to government payers will affect revenue, along with a decline in patient volume.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch