Florida-based Pediatrix Medical Group shares slide
Miami Herald, October 3, 2008
Shares of Florida-based healthcare services company Pediatrix Medical Group continued sliding on fallout from its move to cut third-quarter profit guidance because of lower reimbursements. Shares fell 4.4%, to $45.56 on October 2. Earlier in the week, Pediatrix said a shift in reimbursement for patient care from commercial payers to government payers will affect revenue, along with a decline in patient volume.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal