Florida-based Pediatrix Medical Group shares slide
Miami Herald, October 3, 2008
Shares of Florida-based healthcare services company Pediatrix Medical Group continued sliding on fallout from its move to cut third-quarter profit guidance because of lower reimbursements. Shares fell 4.4%, to $45.56 on October 2. Earlier in the week, Pediatrix said a shift in reimbursement for patient care from commercial payers to government payers will affect revenue, along with a decline in patient volume.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised