Florida-based Pediatrix Medical Group shares slide
Miami Herald, October 3, 2008
Shares of Florida-based healthcare services company Pediatrix Medical Group continued sliding on fallout from its move to cut third-quarter profit guidance because of lower reimbursements. Shares fell 4.4%, to $45.56 on October 2. Earlier in the week, Pediatrix said a shift in reimbursement for patient care from commercial payers to government payers will affect revenue, along with a decline in patient volume.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers