Birmingham-based Physicians Medical Center Carraway expects to get loan to stay open
Birmingham, AL-based Physicians Medical Center Carraway expects to get an immediate cash infusion from its landlord to allow it to make payroll and keep the century-old hospital open for the immediate future, hospital officials said. Physicians Carraway has run out of money, and its line of credit was frozen by GE Capital earlier. Board trustees turned to the hospital's other creditors for help to try to avoid filing for bankruptcy.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care