Cancer survivor gives $20 million gift to University of Kansas Hospital
Philanthropist and civic leader Annette Bloch has announced a $20 million gift to the University of Kansas Hospital. The widow of H&R Block co-founder Richard Bloch said she had experienced the hospital's "skill and compassion" firsthand when she was treated there earlier this year for breast cancer. Bloch also said she hoped the gift would help boost the Kansas City area's efforts to obtain National Cancer Institute designation.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal