Cancer survivor gives $20 million gift to University of Kansas Hospital
Philanthropist and civic leader Annette Bloch has announced a $20 million gift to the University of Kansas Hospital. The widow of H&R Block co-founder Richard Bloch said she had experienced the hospital's "skill and compassion" firsthand when she was treated there earlier this year for breast cancer. Bloch also said she hoped the gift would help boost the Kansas City area's efforts to obtain National Cancer Institute designation.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers