Dispute with IRS threatens Detroit-area clinic serving the poor
The Whitmore Lake Health Clinic near Detroit has provided care for 38 years to uninsured and underinsured residents of Washtenaw and Livingston counties but needs to raise $110,000 to resolve a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service that could force its closing. The clinic's problems mushroomed two years ago when it failed to send payroll taxes to the IRS.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream