Dispute with IRS threatens Detroit-area clinic serving the poor
The Whitmore Lake Health Clinic near Detroit has provided care for 38 years to uninsured and underinsured residents of Washtenaw and Livingston counties but needs to raise $110,000 to resolve a dispute with the Internal Revenue Service that could force its closing. The clinic's problems mushroomed two years ago when it failed to send payroll taxes to the IRS.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts