Franklin, TN-based Community Health third-quarter profit rises
Reuters, October 31, 2008
Franklin, TN-based Hospital operator Community Health Systems Inc. announced its third-quarter profit almost quadrupled, helped by a 23% increase in admissions due primarily to expansion of its hospital network last year. The company posted a net profit of $50.4 million, or 53 cents per share, compared with a profit of $10.5 million, or 11 cents per share, a year ago.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High