Franklin, TN-based Community Health third-quarter profit rises
Reuters, October 31, 2008
Franklin, TN-based Hospital operator Community Health Systems Inc. announced its third-quarter profit almost quadrupled, helped by a 23% increase in admissions due primarily to expansion of its hospital network last year. The company posted a net profit of $50.4 million, or 53 cents per share, compared with a profit of $10.5 million, or 11 cents per share, a year ago.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts