Franklin, TN-based Community Health third-quarter profit rises
Reuters, October 31, 2008
Franklin, TN-based Hospital operator Community Health Systems Inc. announced its third-quarter profit almost quadrupled, helped by a 23% increase in admissions due primarily to expansion of its hospital network last year. The company posted a net profit of $50.4 million, or 53 cents per share, compared with a profit of $10.5 million, or 11 cents per share, a year ago.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer