HealthSouth settles with UBS for $100 million
UBS investment banking firm has agreed to pay $100 million to HealthSouth of Birmingham, AL, to settle investor claims related to a 2006 class-action lawsuit over HealthSouth's accounting and financial reporting. This settlement, reached last month, answers investors' claims that UBS, as HealthSouth's investment bank, was aware of the accounting fraud. Along with the financial settlement, HealthSouth will receive a release of all claims by UBS.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream