HealthSouth settles with UBS for $100 million
UBS investment banking firm has agreed to pay $100 million to HealthSouth of Birmingham, AL, to settle investor claims related to a 2006 class-action lawsuit over HealthSouth's accounting and financial reporting. This settlement, reached last month, answers investors' claims that UBS, as HealthSouth's investment bank, was aware of the accounting fraud. Along with the financial settlement, HealthSouth will receive a release of all claims by UBS.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program