$79 million slated to buy New Orleans hospital land
The city of New Orleans could spend nearly $80 million for land that will accommodate a new veterans hospital. Officials are eyeing a site just north of the downtown region where a number of houses currently sit. The city committed to the project last year, and plans to use Community Development Block Grants to help fund it.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream