Carolinas HealthCare selling 15 buildings
Carolinas HealthCare System is selling 15 medical office buildings in the Charlotte, NC, region to Nashville-based Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. for $162 million. The deal could close by the end of the year, says Greg Gombar, chief financial officer for Carolinas HealthCare. "We'll use that money for other capital purposes," he said. "We have a huge amount of capital needs in the community."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer