Long Island College Hospital teeters on the brink of bankruptcy
Continuum Health Partners, the company that runs Brooklyn, NY-based Long Island College Hospital, says the hospital is in deep debt and facing bankruptcy, and has sought to close its maternity and pediatric units, among others. Part of Continuum's plan to shrink the hospital was rejected when the State Department of Health denied it permission to shut down the maternity and pediatric services, ruling that the other local hospitals cannot make up for the loss. The agency also approved a $3 million loan to the hospital, though Continuum said that money would last only until the end of the year.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US