Struggling Boca Raton, FL, hospital to tap foundation
Miami Herald, December 11, 2008
Boca Raton (FL) Community Hospital's fundraising foundation is being drained this fiscal year to keep the hospital afloat. The hospital plans to tap more than $124 million from its foundation by July 2009, roughly 73% of its total assets to help the hospital pay its soaring debts.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'