Balance billing traps patients in fights between doctors, hospitals and insurers
Sacramento Bee, December 15, 2008
A Sacramento Superior Court judge recently affirmed the authority of the state Department of Managed Health Care to deem balance billing an unfair practice. The California Medical Association, which sued to stop the regulation, says it will appeal. The California Supreme Court is also about to weigh in on the practice: It is expected to rule soon on a Southern California dispute between two medical groups that could partly answer the question of whether balance billing is legal.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US