Newark, NJ-based University Hospital faces crisis
Officials at Newark, NJ-based University Hospital say it desperately needs additional state funding to avert a financial meltdown. Officials at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, which operates the teaching hospital, say continued operating losses could threaten their ability to provide essential services. While employees and others in the community are now raising concern that the hospital may be on the brink of a shutdown, UMDNJ officials insist closing is not an option being considered.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream