Clayton County, GA-based hospital's woes could ripple
Clayton County, GA's only hospital has two weeks to find $40 million or possibly risk wiping out its small amount of cash and closing. Southern Regional Health System officials will meet with SunTrust to ask for an extension on a $40 million debt due Dec. 31. While Southern Regional has no immediate plans to close, area hospitals in Henry, Fayette, and Fulton counties are concerned they may inherit thousands of new patients, most of whom have no health insurance.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'