Clayton County, GA-based hospital's woes could ripple
Clayton County, GA's only hospital has two weeks to find $40 million or possibly risk wiping out its small amount of cash and closing. Southern Regional Health System officials will meet with SunTrust to ask for an extension on a $40 million debt due Dec. 31. While Southern Regional has no immediate plans to close, area hospitals in Henry, Fayette, and Fulton counties are concerned they may inherit thousands of new patients, most of whom have no health insurance.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives