Florida-based Broward General Medical Center gets $4.5 million for women's healthcare
The Fort Lauderdale-based Lillian S. Wells Foundation has given Broward General Medical Center a $4.5 million gift that should dramatically expand breast cancer prevention and detection services the hospital offers the women of Broward County, FL. The donation is the largest single gift ever to tax-assisted Broward Health, which owns the hospital. The money will pay for construction of a new women's center and the medical equipment for it.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers