Louisiana hospitals will get financial lifeline
Louisiana healthcare providers are slated to get nearly $130 million in federal Social Services Block Grant financing, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Part of that money will go to shore up healthcare providers that suffered losses because of Hurricanes Gustav and Ike in 2008, while some will be used to help hospitals and other institutions still suffering the effects of Hurricane Katrina.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%