Louisiana hospitals will get financial lifeline
Louisiana healthcare providers are slated to get nearly $130 million in federal Social Services Block Grant financing, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Part of that money will go to shore up healthcare providers that suffered losses because of Hurricanes Gustav and Ike in 2008, while some will be used to help hospitals and other institutions still suffering the effects of Hurricane Katrina.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers