Executive: Combining University of Alabama hospitals would help efficiency and economy
University of Alabama Hospital wants UAB Highlands to operate with it as one institution, although they will keep their separate campuses, UAB Health System CEO Will Ferniany announced. Ferniany said the health system has to continue to improve in order to stave off economic challenges. He said he aims for the hospital to have a 3% operating margin by the end of 2010, which will allow it to have the resources it needs. Ferniany said he didn't know the exact margin right now, but figured it is lower than 3%.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues