Executive: Combining University of Alabama hospitals would help efficiency and economy
University of Alabama Hospital wants UAB Highlands to operate with it as one institution, although they will keep their separate campuses, UAB Health System CEO Will Ferniany announced. Ferniany said the health system has to continue to improve in order to stave off economic challenges. He said he aims for the hospital to have a 3% operating margin by the end of 2010, which will allow it to have the resources it needs. Ferniany said he didn't know the exact margin right now, but figured it is lower than 3%.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US