Executive: Combining University of Alabama hospitals would help efficiency and economy
University of Alabama Hospital wants UAB Highlands to operate with it as one institution, although they will keep their separate campuses, UAB Health System CEO Will Ferniany announced. Ferniany said the health system has to continue to improve in order to stave off economic challenges. He said he aims for the hospital to have a 3% operating margin by the end of 2010, which will allow it to have the resources it needs. Ferniany said he didn't know the exact margin right now, but figured it is lower than 3%.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream