Resurrection moving to consolidate two suburban Chicago hospitals
Resurrection Health Care is looking at consolidating operations of its two hospitals in the Near West Chicago suburbs to deal with declining numbers of patients amid the economic downturn. Resurrection executives say eliminating senior levels of management at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park and Westlake Hospital in Melrose Park is under way. The facilities are two of eight hospitals the Catholic-owned healthcare system has in the Chicago area.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Driving Down Claims Denials