Resurrection moving to consolidate two suburban Chicago hospitals
Resurrection Health Care is looking at consolidating operations of its two hospitals in the Near West Chicago suburbs to deal with declining numbers of patients amid the economic downturn. Resurrection executives say eliminating senior levels of management at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park and Westlake Hospital in Melrose Park is under way. The facilities are two of eight hospitals the Catholic-owned healthcare system has in the Chicago area.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations