Two hospital systems expand networks in tough times
LifePoint Hospitals completed its acquisition of a hospital in Conyers, GA, while Community Health Systems announced a new deal in Arkansas. The transactions reflect how more community-owned and not-for-profit hospitals are considering options such as partnering with national hospital chains as they face a worsening national economy. Under the agreements, chains often commit money for hospital upgrades or agree to replace existing buildings.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer