Two hospital systems expand networks in tough times
LifePoint Hospitals completed its acquisition of a hospital in Conyers, GA, while Community Health Systems announced a new deal in Arkansas. The transactions reflect how more community-owned and not-for-profit hospitals are considering options such as partnering with national hospital chains as they face a worsening national economy. Under the agreements, chains often commit money for hospital upgrades or agree to replace existing buildings.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%