Two hospital systems expand networks in tough times
LifePoint Hospitals completed its acquisition of a hospital in Conyers, GA, while Community Health Systems announced a new deal in Arkansas. The transactions reflect how more community-owned and not-for-profit hospitals are considering options such as partnering with national hospital chains as they face a worsening national economy. Under the agreements, chains often commit money for hospital upgrades or agree to replace existing buildings.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital