Worst-case budget might put Louisiana charity hospitals at risk
A worst-case scenario budget proposal, ordered by the Louisiana Division of Administration, would force Louisiana State University to close or downsize several charity hospitals. LSU officials say the proposal was part of a budget-cutting exercise, and that it's too soon to know what the hospitals' true 2009-10 spending plan would include. A real budget proposal is due to the state Legislature by March 13.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care