Worst-case budget might put Louisiana charity hospitals at risk
A worst-case scenario budget proposal, ordered by the Louisiana Division of Administration, would force Louisiana State University to close or downsize several charity hospitals. LSU officials say the proposal was part of a budget-cutting exercise, and that it's too soon to know what the hospitals' true 2009-10 spending plan would include. A real budget proposal is due to the state Legislature by March 13.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts