Senate approves stimulus plan
New York Times, February 10, 2009
The Senate has approved an economic stimulus bill of some $838 billion, clearing the way for negotiations with the House. The 61-to-37 vote was largely along party lines, as expected, and followed closing arguments with some sharp partisan edges. President Obama, who traveled to Florida on Tuesday to promote the stimulus package, has pressed Congress to deliver him a bill by Feb. 16.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening