Senate approves stimulus plan
New York Times, February 10, 2009
The Senate has approved an economic stimulus bill of some $838 billion, clearing the way for negotiations with the House. The 61-to-37 vote was largely along party lines, as expected, and followed closing arguments with some sharp partisan edges. President Obama, who traveled to Florida on Tuesday to promote the stimulus package, has pressed Congress to deliver him a bill by Feb. 16.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care