Senate approves stimulus plan
New York Times, February 10, 2009
The Senate has approved an economic stimulus bill of some $838 billion, clearing the way for negotiations with the House. The 61-to-37 vote was largely along party lines, as expected, and followed closing arguments with some sharp partisan edges. President Obama, who traveled to Florida on Tuesday to promote the stimulus package, has pressed Congress to deliver him a bill by Feb. 16.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness