Congress reaches stimulus accord
Congressional leaders have agreed on the details of a nearly $790 billion stimulus package, an attempt by the federal government to jolt the economy, create millions of jobs and ease the financial woes facing individuals, businesses, and states. The bill is made up of four broad categories: tax breaks for individuals and businesses, investments in healthcare and alternative energy, funding for infrastructure projects, and aid to state and local governments that includes expanded benefits for individuals who are unemployed and lack health insurance.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'