Commentary: Economic stimulus package holds a silver lining for hospitals
Sg2, February 17, 2009
The House and Senate have reached agreement on an economic stimulus package with a price tag less than the amount approved in either chamber. At $789.5 billion, the wide-ranging measure includes hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks and new spending, and there are several health provisions included, according to this analysis from Sg2.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives