Massachusetts-based Partners Healthcare, Inc. loses $185 million in quarter
Partners HealthCare Inc., which provides about one-quarter of the medical care in Eastern Massachusetts, said it lost $185 million in its first quarter as a result of big losses in its investments and other financial instruments. The losses will slow the hospital giant's five-year program to build and expand facilities and invest in computers and other healthcare information technology.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts