Massachusetts-based Partners Healthcare, Inc. loses $185 million in quarter
Partners HealthCare Inc., which provides about one-quarter of the medical care in Eastern Massachusetts, said it lost $185 million in its first quarter as a result of big losses in its investments and other financial instruments. The losses will slow the hospital giant's five-year program to build and expand facilities and invest in computers and other healthcare information technology.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers