Hospital admissions boost HMA earnings
Health Management Associates Inc. reported net income of $167.2 million, or 68 cents a share, for 2008, compared to net income of $119.9 million, or 49 cents a share in 2007. For the fourth quarter ending Dec. 31, net income was $14.5 million, or 6 cents a share, compared to net income of $12.5 million, or 5 cents a share, in the fourth quarter a year earlier.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer