Baucus questions lowering deductions to fund health plan
Wall Street Journal Health Blog, March 5, 2009
Max Baucus, chair of the Senate Finance Committee, has raised a flag over the Obama administration's plan to partly fund health reform by lowering tax deductions for the wealthiest Americans. The Senate Finance Committee is going to be at the center of any health-reform plan that makes its way through Congress. Baucus said he's especially concerned about capping deductions at a lower rate.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor