Feds join lawsuit against Tennessee-based Community Health Systems
The federal government has joined a whistle-blower lawsuit that contends Franklin, TN-based hospital chain Community Health Systems Inc. and three of its hospitals in New Mexico took actions that led to false claims for payment related to a state program for indigent care. The suit alleges that the company arranged with New Mexico county authorities to self-finance county contributions required for local hospitals to take part in such programs.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts