Feds join lawsuit against Tennessee-based Community Health Systems
The federal government has joined a whistle-blower lawsuit that contends Franklin, TN-based hospital chain Community Health Systems Inc. and three of its hospitals in New Mexico took actions that led to false claims for payment related to a state program for indigent care. The suit alleges that the company arranged with New Mexico county authorities to self-finance county contributions required for local hospitals to take part in such programs.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'