Mason City, IA, hospitals cuts jobs, not workers
Mason City-based Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa says it will eliminate 59 jobs as it restructures its home healthcare service and hospice program. It also is closing a clinic in Rockwell. Officials cite several factors for the cuts, including unfavorable investment returns, rising costs of uncompensated care, and expected decreases in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data