Mason City, IA, hospitals cuts jobs, not workers
Mason City-based Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa says it will eliminate 59 jobs as it restructures its home healthcare service and hospice program. It also is closing a clinic in Rockwell. Officials cite several factors for the cuts, including unfavorable investment returns, rising costs of uncompensated care, and expected decreases in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations