More patients turning to advocates to help navigate the billing system
South Florida Sun-Sentinel, March 16, 2009
With health costs rising for many patients across the nation, experts say a growing number are turning to billing advocates for help. In some cases, advocates say, patients merely need help negotiating the complicated system of health insurance coverage, doctor practices, and hospital procedures. But in others, they say, patients are being charged high prices that can and should be questioned.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives