More patients turning to advocates to help navigate the billing system
South Florida Sun-Sentinel, March 16, 2009
With health costs rising for many patients across the nation, experts say a growing number are turning to billing advocates for help. In some cases, advocates say, patients merely need help negotiating the complicated system of health insurance coverage, doctor practices, and hospital procedures. But in others, they say, patients are being charged high prices that can and should be questioned.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus