Wisconsin Medical Society appeals fund case
MSN Money, March 18, 2009
The Wisconsin Medical Society has filed an appeal to overturn a court decision upholding the state's 2007 withdrawal of $200 million from the Injured Patients and Families Compensation Fund. The withdrawal from the fund, created by the state Legislature to help mitigate the costs to healthcare providers of insurance coverage for malpractice lawsuits, was used to help fill a budget gap for the 2007-2009 biennium. The Medical Society sued to stop the action in October 2007.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers