Healthcare overhaul cost may reach $1.5 trillion
Health policy experts say guaranteeing coverage for all Americans may cost about $1.5 trillion over the next decade, more than double the $634 billion "down payment" President Barack Obama set aside for health reform in his budget. The potential for runaway costs is raising concerns among Republicans and some Democrats as Congress prepares to draft next year's budget.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'