Healthcare overhaul cost may reach $1.5 trillion
Health policy experts say guaranteeing coverage for all Americans may cost about $1.5 trillion over the next decade, more than double the $634 billion "down payment" President Barack Obama set aside for health reform in his budget. The potential for runaway costs is raising concerns among Republicans and some Democrats as Congress prepares to draft next year's budget.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms