New Bridgeport, TX, hospital in financial trouble
Just a few months after its opening, a nonprofit Wise County, TX, hospital is laying off employees and running into money troubles. Doctors' Hospital, which opened in September 2008 in Bridgeport, has drawn down $3.9 million from its available $6 million credit lines, according to a financial disclosure. Hospital officials also slashed 17% of the work force March 9.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer