New Bridgeport, TX, hospital in financial trouble
Just a few months after its opening, a nonprofit Wise County, TX, hospital is laying off employees and running into money troubles. Doctors' Hospital, which opened in September 2008 in Bridgeport, has drawn down $3.9 million from its available $6 million credit lines, according to a financial disclosure. Hospital officials also slashed 17% of the work force March 9.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'