New Bridgeport, TX, hospital in financial trouble
Just a few months after its opening, a nonprofit Wise County, TX, hospital is laying off employees and running into money troubles. Doctors' Hospital, which opened in September 2008 in Bridgeport, has drawn down $3.9 million from its available $6 million credit lines, according to a financial disclosure. Hospital officials also slashed 17% of the work force March 9.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts