Minneapolis clinic sees a sickly economic toll
Minneapolis Star Tribune, March 31, 2009
In the past year, things have been hairier than usual at the Community-University Health Care Center in south Minneapolis. The patients are showing up in growing numbers, according to clinic manager Amy Shellabarger, and by every measure they are showing up with greater needs. In 2006, 10% of CUHCC's patients were uninsured. In 2007 and 2008 the share was about 28%.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream