TN-based Community Health makes two acquisitions
The Tennessean, April 3, 2009
Franklin, TN-based Community Health Systems announced it has become the sole owner of an Arkansas hospital and acquired a health system in Pennsylvania. The hospital chain said Medical Center of South Arkansas is now wholly owned by a company subsidiary that acquired from its joint venture partner the 50% interest that it didn't already own. Another Community Health subsidiary acquired all of the assets of Wyoming Valley Health Care System Inc.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law