FL-based Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital seeks partner for cardiac care services
St. Petersburg Times, April 3, 2009
Struggling Tarpon Springs, FL-based Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital is seeking a partner to fund expansion of its cardiac care services. Helen Ellis chief executive Don Evans cautioned that going private is not an objective, but can't be ruled out as the hospital looks for a cash infusion. Squeezed by unpaid hospital bills, patients unable to pay for all but critical procedures, and the rising cost of charity care, the hospital could use a partner with cash to invest to help ensure its viability, Evans said.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'