FL-based Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital seeks partner for cardiac care services
St. Petersburg Times, April 3, 2009
Struggling Tarpon Springs, FL-based Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital is seeking a partner to fund expansion of its cardiac care services. Helen Ellis chief executive Don Evans cautioned that going private is not an objective, but can't be ruled out as the hospital looks for a cash infusion. Squeezed by unpaid hospital bills, patients unable to pay for all but critical procedures, and the rising cost of charity care, the hospital could use a partner with cash to invest to help ensure its viability, Evans said.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts