FL-based Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital seeks partner for cardiac care services
St. Petersburg Times, April 3, 2009
Struggling Tarpon Springs, FL-based Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital is seeking a partner to fund expansion of its cardiac care services. Helen Ellis chief executive Don Evans cautioned that going private is not an objective, but can't be ruled out as the hospital looks for a cash infusion. Squeezed by unpaid hospital bills, patients unable to pay for all but critical procedures, and the rising cost of charity care, the hospital could use a partner with cash to invest to help ensure its viability, Evans said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers