Under pressure, Illinois pays overdue Medicaid bills
AP/Chicago Tribune, April 14, 2009
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn is speeding up payment of overdue bills so the state can qualify for more federal money. Illinois has fallen far behind in paying its bills, particularly to the hospitals, nursing homes, and pharmacies that care for the poor. They sometimes have to wait 150 days to be paid. The federal government is providing economic stimulus money to help cover Medicaid costs, but only if states reduce their payment cycle to 30 days or less by June 1.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus