Pelosi announces health center funding at Hollywood, FL, clinic
Miami Herald, April 21, 2009
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited a struggling Hollywood, FL, health clinic to put a positive spin on the federal government's massive spending plan, days after protesters across South Florida and the country decried government largess. Broward Community and Family Health Centers is receiving nearly $1.5 million in federal aid, saving a doctor and a nurse from impending layoffs and allowing 11 new employees to launch a satellite office. The nonprofit clinic says the additional staff will serve an estimated 6,600 low-income patients.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013