Pelosi announces health center funding at Hollywood, FL, clinic
Miami Herald, April 21, 2009
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited a struggling Hollywood, FL, health clinic to put a positive spin on the federal government's massive spending plan, days after protesters across South Florida and the country decried government largess. Broward Community and Family Health Centers is receiving nearly $1.5 million in federal aid, saving a doctor and a nurse from impending layoffs and allowing 11 new employees to launch a satellite office. The nonprofit clinic says the additional staff will serve an estimated 6,600 low-income patients.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream