Advocate looking at hospital partnership outside Chicago
Chicago Tribune, April 23, 2009
Advocate Health Care is moving closer to a deal with a large hospital operator in Bloomington-Normal, a sign that Illinois' largest medical care provider could be reaching its first partnership outside of the Chicago area. Advocate, which owns nine hospitals in Chicago and the suburbs, said in a memo it has extended its letter of intent to "explore a partnership" with BroMenn Healthcare System. The letter of intent was first signed in December, and executives are now negotiating terms of the definitive agreement, which could be finalized this summer.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'