Advocate looking at hospital partnership outside Chicago
Chicago Tribune, April 23, 2009
Advocate Health Care is moving closer to a deal with a large hospital operator in Bloomington-Normal, a sign that Illinois' largest medical care provider could be reaching its first partnership outside of the Chicago area. Advocate, which owns nine hospitals in Chicago and the suburbs, said in a memo it has extended its letter of intent to "explore a partnership" with BroMenn Healthcare System. The letter of intent was first signed in December, and executives are now negotiating terms of the definitive agreement, which could be finalized this summer.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers