HCA profit jumps 92%; controls, growth cited
Nashville-based HCA Inc.'s first-quarter net income surged 92% even as the hospital operator sharply boosted spending on charity care and discounts to the uninsured. The nation's largest owner of acute healthcare facilities said earlier this month that it expected higher revenue amid analyst and investor concern about weakening results.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream