HCA profit jumps 92%; controls, growth cited
Nashville-based HCA Inc.'s first-quarter net income surged 92% even as the hospital operator sharply boosted spending on charity care and discounts to the uninsured. The nation's largest owner of acute healthcare facilities said earlier this month that it expected higher revenue amid analyst and investor concern about weakening results.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US