Medicare system overhaul proposed by two senators
Leading senators from both parties said that they would make sweeping changes in Medicare to reward or penalize doctors, hospitals, and nursing homes according to the quality of care they provided. The proposals would also create strong financial incentives for doctors and hospitals to coordinate the care they now provide in a fragmented way.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL