Medicare system overhaul proposed by two senators
Leading senators from both parties said that they would make sweeping changes in Medicare to reward or penalize doctors, hospitals, and nursing homes according to the quality of care they provided. The proposals would also create strong financial incentives for doctors and hospitals to coordinate the care they now provide in a fragmented way.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer