UC Irvine receives $21-million donation for hospital
Los Angeles Times, May 7, 2009
A former Orange County, CA, real estate developer has donated $21 million to University of California-Irvine for the school's new hospital. The posthumous donation was made by M.A. Douglas, who died last June. The hospital will now be renamed UC Irvine Douglas Hospital. UCI had reached $32 million of its $50-million fundraising goal for the new 424-bed hospital before Douglas' gift.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions