UC Irvine receives $21-million donation for hospital
Los Angeles Times, May 7, 2009
A former Orange County, CA, real estate developer has donated $21 million to University of California-Irvine for the school's new hospital. The posthumous donation was made by M.A. Douglas, who died last June. The hospital will now be renamed UC Irvine Douglas Hospital. UCI had reached $32 million of its $50-million fundraising goal for the new 424-bed hospital before Douglas' gift.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers